I thought that Davis was going to be a potty school dropout and I was really stressed about it. I hadn't even started potty training and I thought it was going to be a nightmare because of all the not so fun things I have heard about sitting your kid on a toilet, especially boys. I knew all along my main goal was to at least have him potty trained by 3, you know I didn't want to have him hanging out with the wrong crowd of kids, you know those size 6 diaper kids are trouble....just playin' :)
So, I knew that Davis' third birthday was creeping up on us in a few months and I kept this mental note that I needed to start trying to potty train Davis. One day when I noticed that his diaper stash was getting a little low, I decided to just do it. The first day was not so good at all and I went to bed that night thinking 'yep this potty thing stinks', but the second and the third day he only had one accident and after that he has never had any accidents and he wakes up in the morning dry too.....WAHOO!!!! Not bad at all.....I guess when you are ready you are ready and he was just ready!!! So, lucky us no horror stories!! Congratulations Davis you have officially graduated from potty school and have now entered the world of toilets, we are so PROUD of you!!
Friday, June 05, 2009
I am not a Potty School Dropout.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Congrats! Jacob was the same way. . .and I'll cross my fingers for ya for Cole, as well. :)
GOOOO DAVIS!!!!!!!
WHAT!? even at night?? we are stressed because I don't think they make size 7! abby can stay dry during naps, but since she STILL goes to bed with a sippy cup, staying dry all night is going to be a nightmare. i am so glad for you that it was that easy!
Congratulations! That is AWESOME!
Emma was so diffucult to train... she was nearly 4 before she finally got it. Mia decided that she wanted to wear "panties" and that was it. She actually potty trained on our 10 day road trip to Seaside OR. Crazy Huh!
I swear that I have commented on this post a thousand times, but maybe that solidifies that I've lost my mind. Oh well.
I just wanted to say, "WAHOO" and you are so very, very lucky. I hate potty training with a passion...And that is huge. Very, very cool.
Post a Comment