I have the best and sweetest husband in the world!! I do just have to brag on Nick for a minute. He knows that I have been "eyeing" the new Stephanie Meyer book that came out today called "The Host". He stopped by Costco today during his lunch break and bought the book for me and brought it home to surprise me!! Actually it wasn't really a surprise because he called me to tell me that he was going to buy me something earlier and asked if that I have bought myself anything recently meaning if I ordered anything off of Amazon. So he thought that he left me hanging. But, I actually put two and two together and guessed it was the book because I knew he was at Costco and I knew the book was released today. Once I was pretty sure that was what he bought me I went to Costco online and saw that they were selling it!! (I know that is pretty bad of me) Even though when I told Nick on the phone that it was the book he denied it completely and actually was having me think that maybe I was wrong. But when Nick brought it home and gave it to me I will let you know the book is pretty big book and is 619 pages...WOW!! Stephenie Meyer she loves to write big books doesn't she. I have to finish the book that I am reading first which this should put a fire under me knowing that "The Host" is waiting for me!! I would just start reading it but I hate not finishing a book...sorry I have to finish what I started first!!
Maybe I am the only one that is a HUGE dork and is stoked about this book!! Actually, I take that back I know my friends John and Angie are excited as well. But, I am sorry after this author wrote books like the Twilight series how could you not be somewhat fired up about this book....

13 comments:
Let me know if it is any good, okay? I really liked the first in the Twilight series, but to be honest, while I love her writing style, I thought Bella got extremely annoying in the other two (and I didn't like Jacob sneaking in on the scene). I say this and yet I still read them in a few days flat and I was in the slow reading group! :) You should try Shanna Swendson's books too (Enchanted Inc series). Very cute and very clean. Fun read!
I just tried calling you! call me back pronto pizza.
Yay Nick, way to go! Thanks for calling and rubbing it in Jessie!!! I'm sad I won't get my copy until tomorrow. :( Pre-ordering books on Amazon bites! Call me when you finish the Thirteenth Tale so we can discuss . . .
jessie - do youlike the 13th tale? we were going to read that for book club, but decided against it for some 90 minutes in heaven crap...just wondering.
So excited! Must go to Costco! Now!
Let me know how it is! Way to go Nick! Missed you at play group yesterday!
Awww!! I know I wanted to go to playgroup but Davis is sick and so I am totally isolating him so he will be 100% for the beach!! I know I do wierd and random things somtetimes....just how I roll :)
I am in the middle and its GREAT!!!
Got my copy in the mail today! I probably won't have time to read till this weekend though. These 10 hour work days are killer. The Beach better be worth it!!!
Totally let me know how it is. I want to borrow it when you're done, if you don't already have takers!
Kate...you can borrow it but there is a line for it I got Nick, Shellie and Rachel in front of you.
Shellie you deleted your comment but it was too late!! I already saw what you said :)
Post a Comment