Every parent is probably concerned at some point by their kid eating their boogers. I remember as a kid sitting in church and watching little kids pick their nose and then stick their finger in their mouth. I would elbow my brother or someone and get them to watch the kid as well. We'd have a good laugh. Well I can admit I'm still guilty of that today. So if I catch your kids eating his/her boogers, I'm probably laughing a bit. The problem here is, I'm making it more likely that I'll have a kid that will eat his boogers!
The solution to our problem just sort of happened, b/c believe me, everyone has to pick their boogers or else we would have a nose full of them and Davis is no exception to this. He picks his nose. We try hard to make it seem like it's no big deal when he does it. The few times we were grossed out he started laughing and trying to wipe it on you or stick his finger back in his nose. After riding around with Jessie he has started to copy what she does. She rolls the window down and flicks her boogers out the window. Actually, I'm just kidding. Jess got a booger out of Davis' nose that was huge a few nights ago and she didn't have any wipes. I suggested to throw it out the window. So we rolled the window down and she flicked it out. Well last night Davis started to ask us to roll the window down b/c he had a booger on his finger. We roll it down and he starts trying to flick it. We guess he got it off after several attempts and he seemed pretty content with flicking. He did it one more time before we made it home. So now we all have an option, you can either let your kid dispose of the booger themself or you can teach them how to flick it!! We choose flick it!
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I wish my kids would flick. Kylie's a sneaky little wiper (not on tissues, mind you), and Alex is a sho nuff eater. He even says he knows it's gross, and he doesn't care.
i would definitely be proud of a sneaky wiper!!
Oh my word. Merry Christmas, you guys! :)
Mia just sticks her finger up her nose and leaves it there.... Emma just leaves them to hang out her nose and cause breathing difficulty before I finally yell at her to go blow her nose! Kids!!!!
Ok,now I'm going to be afraid to ride in your car, there could be random flicked boogers all over the outside or inside! You know how I feel about boogies!!
Don't worry Angie your day is coming soon enough!! :)
Post a Comment