Thursday, December 18, 2008

Expired Milk!!!

We were at Walmart today doing a little shopping. Nick goes and picks up a gallon of milk looks at the expiration date and then shows me the date with a smile on his face. My eyes pop out of my head and I soon realize that December 29th must be around the corner if it is the expiration date on a milk jug. I due the calculation in my head real fast that is in 11 days!! I have a quick moment where I truly think I am in paradise and then I suddenly have to pee AGAIN and my wonderful thought popped like a bubble and disappeared all to quickly.

So, you may be wondering why this date is so important...well, I went to the doctor today and they set a date for me to be induced on....drum roll....please.....yep the 29th!!! Unless, of course I go into labor on my own but come on with the baby still being in Toledo and nothing happening down in that general area I think my chances are pretty slim. The doctor originally talked about inducing me on the 31st but today he looked at me and started laughing after he measured me and then replies "You are still growing". Really, you think....doc. Basically in a nut shell he is being nice to me and not wanting this baby to get to much larger then he already is. Thank goodness for me!!!
So, I did see a light at the end of the tunnel tonight when I saw December 29th expiration date on a milk jug.....YIPPEEE!!!!
Yes, we do realize that this is our niece Kinley's birthday along with our nephew James' too. So, the date is claimed on both sides of the family already but when we called to tell them the news I was relieved to hear "AWESOME".

13 comments:

Nick said...

Thought this was going to be a breast feeding post or something!!

Tara said...

LOL! I thought it was about breast feeding too!! Congrats on the 29th! Yeah, you really do have a light at the end of the tunnel! I hope everything goes well for you and you have a safe and healthy delivery!

Jennifer Ricker said...

having a date is good:-) happy early birthday cole!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was going to be a post about Nick drinking that gross milk of Davis's again.

by the way. Davis really does love Addyson. He kissed her about a million times yesterday.

Jason said...

I don't suppose you want to try and hold out for a "New Year Baby"!

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Looks like the perfect situations for taxes as well :)

Pittman Four said...

yea...it's always good to have a date. by the way when is the blessing. I need to know how much time I have to make the blessing outfit.

:)

Lorie said...

Good luck! It will be here before you know it!

Carrie said...

Great news! I need your address

Angie said...

Yay, I can't wait to meet Cole!! Another week though, isn't that another 1/2 a pound? Ouch!

Amanda in GA said...

I am so excited for you! We are around so if you need anything we are just a phone call away.

Jessica said...

Funny. I had that moment in the grocery store too, but instead of being excited, I got a little freaked out. Who knew milk had such power over a pregnant woman?

Josiah said...

if you guys are all in the hospital, then who's going to drink the milk??