Friday, December 12, 2008
Just trying to help
So I'm driving home from work yesterday talking on the cell phone and really just glad to be done for the day. Perhaps I'm even looking forward to playing my new PS3 game MotoStorm: Pacific Rift. As I round a corner two little Mexican women are trying to wave people down. They didn't look like they were carrying any weapons so I pull over. I hang up the phone get out and they were able to communicate enough to tell me they were out of gas. So one lady hops into the car with me and we go find a gas station. Along with purchasing the gas she had to purchase a new gas can. So trying to be helpful I pump the gas for her. Gas isn't pumping so the guy comes out and tells me what I'm doing wrong. We then head back to her car to get it running again. As we get there I try to remove the cap of the nozel before I actually connect it to the can (you have to visualize all of this) and for some reason I can't pull off the stinking cap!! The thing was on there good! So I then attempt to the read the directions and I see the word squeeze. I then squeeze the size of the caps and still can't do it. Some of the little Mexican women ask to see and she simply squeezes and turns the cap and it comes right off. I take the spout back from her and try to connect to the can. It obvioiusly was not fitting. I took a look at the cap and it looked to me like it had no way of connecting the spout to the can so I threw it to the side. So again the little Mexican lady takes the spout, cap and can from me and figures out that cap does indeed have a little lid that pops up that allows the spout to fit snuggly in a hole and then you screw the cap back on. So.....that's like 3 for 3 of me not knowing what I'm doing. I'm sure they felt sorry for my wife b/c I simply couldn't do any of the things I should know how to do. All I'm good for is driving!!! They pretty much did everything else. But before I left they told me that they clean up houses in the area and that they would love to clean up our house for free. Not sure I deserve but I took their number down anyway. I guess the question now is, if I accept their offer, does that negate the good that I did for them? Which happens to be limited to the time it took the time to drive them and the laugh that I gave them from not knowing how to operating a gas pump or a gas can!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I always tell my husband that I wouldn't give up a single thing that he is or does for something that he isn't or can't do. (I would rather he be the wonderful father that he is then know how to fix a car!) So even two little Mexican ladies can figure out a gas can better than you can I am sure you have qualities that your wife wouldn't give up! ;D
umm...is this story legit? Really, you'd be doing good for jessie, not you and you'd be making them feel good for helping you back. but, i wouldn't ever call random strangers and have them in my house unless they were a part of a busines..
Hey, at least you stopped, not many people would! It's a hard call on the house cleaning. It would be really nice for Jess, but would be kinda weird too . . .
I guess I didn't make it clear. I helpe these women make it to their next appointment on time as well. Their full time job is cleaning homes.
Post a Comment