I know the title is a little cheesy but I am simply amazed at how well Davis has adapted to being a big brother. He has been so very patient with baby Cole and loves him imensely. Balancing two kids is definelty a lot harder than I imagined but Davis has made things so much easier on me. He always wants to hold Cole and gives him a million kisses everyday. He is always so concerned when Cole is crying and tells Cole it is okay. When people come over he goes racing to Cole wanting to show him off...he is so proud of his younger brother even. He even wants to feed Cole and lifts up his shirt which we tell him all the time that only mommy can feed Cole. But, it is a major relief for me to see how sweet Davis to his little brother Cole. I mean come on it can't be easy being dethroned by another sibling!
So, we were brave yesterday and took both kids for a trip to Costco, let's just say at the end of the trip to Costco as we were checking out we had two crying kids and both of them with dirty diapers!!! Before to long we got both diapers changed, strapped the kids in the car and we were loaded up and on our way back home when I look over at Nick and said "Man that was stressful". Nick of course acts like he doesn't know what I am talking about. And as we were driving home all we hear in the back seat is silence. So, Nick takes a peek back there to see what is going on and both of them were peacefully sleeping. But, Davis feel asleep holding Cole's hand and held his hand the entire trip back home and we were even able to take a quick picture of it when we got home. When I saw them holding hands that saying popped through my head "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it". Did I ever need a reminder yesterday that the stress of raising children will one day be worth it!!
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
So sweet.... Best friends are we - my brother and me!
why did you have to make me cry!!! that is so sweet!
Awww, that's so cute! I'm glad Davis is so sweet to his brother! I can only imagine what a relief that is to you!! :)
That picture of them holding hands is the sweetest, most heart melting thing in the world....:)
that is the sweetest. what a great big brother!
How sweet is that.
It's great to have siblings.
:)
That is precious!
Cute.
Love it. Very cute. It is totally worth it!
Hey... By the way that site that has a bazillion fonts is dafont.com
It's great. :)
It is worth it! glad you got a photo very sweet.
That is precious! I glad you got a picture of it!
Post a Comment