Wednesday, March 12, 2008
The attack of the FLU!!!
Okay, so this is going to be an interesting post. On top of everything that we are dealing with right now our family gets hit with the awful stomach FLU!! Davis got hit with it first last week, then I got it and then of course Nick got it (trust me I will spare you the details). The flu managed to make its way through our whole entire family and then get this here is the kicker.... Davis got it again!! I was trying to keep the house clean the best that I could but when you are sick yourself you don't really feel up to scrubbing your house spotless. But, after Davis got sick the second time something came over us (I say us because yes Nick did help out a lot especially being very sick himself) and we cleaned, disinfected, and washed everything in our house you name it is has been cleaned, we even went and bought new pillows, toilet bowl scrubbers, toothbrushes, body wash sponges, everything that has touched us has either been replaced or disinfected. I even spent half a day disinfecting all of Davis's toys. I am not sure why I am even telling you all of this I guess it just feels good to vent a little. Poor Davis nothing is worse on a parent then to see your helpless child sick (again). And nothing is worse on a wife then to see your husband sick also!! The first night Davis got sick let's just say that we spent hours in the middle of the night trying to clean up his room the best that we could because we didn't make it to the bathroom in time for the first go around. Have you ever had to clean throw up out of the carpet? It is impossible to get the smell out after steaming the carpet, using a carpet cleaner (multiple times) and spraying ever type of smelly cleaner that we had on the carpet you could still smell the throw-up. I was starting to convince myself that the smell of throw up was permanently in my nose. Then Nick had this great idea to use a fabric sheet and we rub it on the carpet and I am telling you it worked like magic and got the smell out. We also used baking soda which I think with the combination of the two together it finally worked wonders for us. So, just in case you ever need to get the smell of throw up out of carpet try a fabric sheet and baking soda!! Also, one more thing after all of this I need to go on a serious vacation!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad you guys are feeling better! My house still hasn't been disinfected yet! I washed the all the bedding and sprayed some lysol around everyday... and that's about it! It's day 9 and I'm still not feeling like I can do it all! Plus my grandma is here and we haven't been able to do a whole lot... so I feel like I should spend the time with her! I didn't have the stomach flu like all of you! I had influenza A. I think the stomach flu is worse only because I HATE being nauseated! There isn't anything you can do! And with kids, it just comes up without a lot of warning! I am so sorry... but hopefully you guys are done with that one for a while! Let me know if you need anything!
I hate when the whole family is sick like that. Someone should be at least spared :) You need a vacay baby!
baking soda is king! we live in Oro Valley, its right outside of Tucson.
I'm so glad you guys are feeling better-I do like your new blog layout, very pretty.
I hope you are better. You looked great at the shower!
Oh, BTW.... I heard that you thought it was too late to join Bunko, but it's totally not! If you want to play, then come on babay!
Post a Comment