Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It is screwed in me!!

Okay....so I hesitated posting this but when I told my friend Shellie the story she sort of talked me into posting it on my blog. I hate to post anything that makes me sound or look stupid. But before I tell the story I just want to let everyone know that for the record I have never been put to sleep before so this was really my first time dealing with the whole anesthesia stuff. Anyways, so the day after my surgery it was a little later in the day when I took a shower and I got in and I noticed that there was tape (the surgery kind that is like 100 times stickier than band-aids) on my back but closer to my side so where I could see it and there was this screw type of metal that was sticking out of the tape and I tried pulling it off but it would not move or anything!! So, in a panic I start screaming Nick's name off the top of my lungs. He comes running upstairs to see what I am screaming about and he looks at it and starts pulling on it and of course it doesn't move and I start screaming "IT IS SCREWED IN, IT IS SCREWED IN ME!!! I am trying to watch as he is still pulling on it and he moved me to where I couldn't see if it is coming off or not but it was hurting so bad that I thought for sure that it was screwed in me and there was no way that it was coming off. So, I am screaming at Nick telling him to stop pulling on it because it is screwed in me! But, before I know it Nick is holding the tape in front of me laughing hysterically. I guess they forgot to remove this one tape with a sort of screw thing on it from that side of my back. And I am not sure if it was there to monitor my heart or whatever it was used for, all that I know is that they forgot to remove it and it had me acting like a crazy person thinking they screwed something in me!!! Okay, so I am not really sure what I was thinking and why I thought it was screwed in me. I guess I am just a true blond at heart and was having a true blond moment!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Funny to read but it would have been me I would have flip out the exact same way!!!!

Rachel said...

This made me laugh so hard. I'm sure that something like that will probably happen to me in the future!

also known as shell said...

That was pretty funny. I'm glad I got to hear it from you cause I started laughing with the "It's Screwed in me" part because I could hear your voice!

Kate said...

That's hilarious!!! Thanks for posting. I would have freaked out too!!!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

That's a great story! I have pt's freak out about them in the hospital all the time... and they were even awake when we put them on! Hopefully it didn't tear your skin up too much! They stick pretty good!