Monday, September 08, 2008

Is this sad or what???

I know that I haven't been around to blog much!! A few months ago I was such a faithful blogger and now I am just slack. I think it is because our lives have been pretty boring recently and I don't have much going on or at least I have little to say!!!

We get home from church yesterday Davis falls asleep on the drive home and usually we let him take a fast half an hour nap because by the time we get home it is 5:30 and we are usually waking him up around 6:00 and if we let him sleep any longer than that it is a disaster trying to get him asleep that night!!
Anyway, Nick is trying to wake up Davis shortly after we get home and it just is not happening!! Davis is refusing to wake up and is crying so Nick picks him up and is holding him and Davis falls back asleep! A little while later I look back up at the clock it is 6:45 and I am telling Nick wake him up, again another attempted try and this time Nick sits Davis down in the recliner and he is sitting straight up and falls back asleep that way!! I wish that I got a picture of it, I didn't think about taking a picture at the time!! So, after a few more attempted times to wake up Davis he is just not wanting to wake up. I just tell Nick that to let him sleep and lets just hope that it is not going to be a long night for me!! I could just picture him waking up in the middle of the night and being wide awake and not falling back alseep!!

But, Davis in the end he never woke up and slept all evening long and all night long even after I took off his church clothes, changed his diaper and put pj's on him. Nick brought him something to drink and a banana to eat. Davis woke up long enough to eat the banana and something to drink and when he was finished he went back to bed and told us "night, night". I just hope that this is not some sign that he is getting sick or I was joking last night saying maybe someone in nursery slipped the kids a little benadryl!! This happen to anyone else? Just kidding....... but not really!!

As, we were going to bed last night I turned to Nick and said we have never had a night off and even though Davis was still with us it sort of felt like a night off and I got a little feeling of what it would be like having a night off with just Nick and I again. I have to tell you it felt a little WEIRD not having to chase a 2 year old around!!!! Is that sad or what????

14 comments:

Bethanne said...

That is so funny...you want to enjoy it and yet you sit there anticipating his cry or him waking up. Been there! That's a lot of sleep though, eh? What did they do to that kid in nursery seriously?! :) My kids are both sick, so hopefully Davis isn't.

On a side note, my sister Katie somehow has all three of her kids in bed by 6 pm every single night. I don't know how it is done, and it is definitely restricting where the parents go at night. But I can't imagine having that much free time during the day. My kids are asleep by 8 pm, but that is almost the best I can do!

Nick said...

6pm?????? holy smokes! what time does her husband get home? I would go nuts being stuck in our house all evening long every day!! I like the way we do it, let him fall asleep whenever! It's nice to have him in bed early every now and then but some nights we may not get home till 9 or 10pm. I guess there are pros and cons to both.

also known as shell said...

I gave him benadryl

and

some ambian

Jessie said...

Shellie....I knew that it was you all along!!

You had that guilty look on your face when I was talking to you!!!

Jennifer Ricker said...

he could be hitting a growth spurt?

Benson Fam said...

That is it Jessie- I am watching Davis and you two are going on a date!! Once you have 2 it gets harder to squeeze in couple time. I am serious about the date though...

Angie said...

Wow, I can't imagine Davis sleeping that much! He always has endless energy! So is he full of energy today since he got so much sleep last night??

Jessie said...

Dawnelle you can take Davis anytime while we go on a date but sorry I wasn't talking about dates, we have been on dates without him!!!
I mean the whole over night thing, we have yet to be a night without Davis.... :)

Jessie said...

Angie....the is acting normal today and doesn't have a bunch of energy all bottled up like I anticipated. He even when down for his nap without a fight!!!

Nick said...

dates??? who are you going on dates with?? i think the last date i went on was to see transformers with you. before that it was school for scoundrels. both of those movies are playing on HBO already!! Dawnelle, watch Davis for us!!!!!

also known as shell said...

I might have also given him some weed

it was either him

or Ryan Miller

Anonymous said...

You gave my son what????????

Kate said...

I WISH my kids would do that! They NEVER sleep that hard. I'm jealous!!!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I think you all slipped my kids something too! My kids were both in bed at 6:45 for the night on Sunday! It was great! It was weird not chasing them around and trying to put them to bed! Hopefully this will happen after church every week!