Monday, October 13, 2008

A Little of This and a Little of That!!

Okay...so my crazy, busy, insane week is finally over and YES, I survived it!!! I knew that I would, it would just be a hard week on me. On top of my crazy week we had family that came up and stayed with us all weekend at the last minute, which was awesome to visit with them, but at the same time I felt bad because I was a terrible hostess. I got to bed late most nights and was up early most mornings and was gone most of the day on Saturday for my calling while they were here. So, when Sunday rolled around I just needed to rest, I was completely exhausted and tired.

Also, I managed to squeeze in a movie this past week. I think that my mind needed a break from everything so Nick suggested a movie...so I thought why not!! We watched this movie August Rush on Thursday night, have you seen it? I balwed my eyes out!!!! Not sure if it is the emotions of being pregnant but it is an AWESOME movie! If you haven't watched it you defintely need to see it. I loved it...the best movie I have seen in quite a long time! Nick and I have such different tastes in movie, but Nick liked this movie a lot too!!

Anyway, I am not sure if it was the non-stop week that I had or if it is just my body but I am having those braxton hick contractions like crazy, this exact same thing happened when I was pregnant with Davis and I ended up going to the hospital at 30 weeks and then was put on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. And then who would have thought that because I wasn't allowed to do much and as you know it Davis decided not to come and I ended up getting induced! So, this week I am going to definitely be taking it easy because I don't want to go on bed rest again! No, I don't think that I am going into labor or anything like that. I just get so uncomfortable with those contractions! I hate them and I feel like they are stronger this pregnancy or maybe it is that I just can't remember what they felt like with Davis. It is just nice to complain a little bit too!

But, since we are on the baby topic the nursery is finally a project that is getting started TODAY!! I am so excited to start putting the nursery together. We bought and picked out the paint last week and I am sorting through baby clothes from when Davis was a baby. When we get the room some what completed I will post some pictures for all to see!! We also have officially settled on a name for the little guy. His name will be Cole Phillip Bettes. Since, Nick and I are both big on family names and Davis is on Nick's side it was only fair for me to get a family name from my side. Even tough his first name is not a family name like Davis he does have a family middle name. It was really hard to come up with a middle name for Cole since it was a one syllable name. Phillip is my grandpa's name and it is also my brother's middle name as well!! So...grandpa and bro this name is for you!

16 comments:

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

Cole Phillip sounds great! Take it easy ... I guess calling you up to help me clean is out of the question :-)....
Wren

Anonymous said...

I love the name! We are big on family names as well so all our kids have family names, most are middle names. And the braxton hicks thing is really annoying. I always got them at around 20 weeks...everyday for the rest of the pregnancy. Sucks. Complain to us all you want! You deserve it.

Angie said...

John and I really liked August Rush too! We have the soundtrack and it is really good. We can make you a copy if you come down this weekend.

I'm glad you found a middle name to go with Cole. I really like what ya'll came up with!

also known as shell said...

Boo to Yo Ho!

Wasn't August Rush sooo goood! I loved it! Thanks for recommending it. I hope you have some good nights rest and that Nick pampers you like the queen you are.

Nick I mean pamper as in foot rub etc. not pamper as in diaper. k?

also known as shell said...

ps
Cole is very cute

Bethanne said...

Love the name and sorry you are having a hard time towards the end there...I go into actual labor at 35 weeks and yet my body can't "complete the process". It sucks. Less pregnancy more babies, I say. :)

We liked August Rush too. It was cute. Have you seen Penelope? I really liked that one too...

Jessica said...

Not too much longer to worry about those pesky contractions, right? I like the name you guys have decided on. That's always so hard for me. I think we'll just number our children instead of stressing any more over names.

Pittman Four said...

Hey, I love his name... sweet little cole. Can't wait for him to come.

I hate the braxton hicks too.
with Anna they started at four months and then they were everyday after that. they would get so strong... Took my breath away. Such a strange feeling when I think about it now.

glad It's not me.

before you know it you'll be in that bed pushing!!!!

We're thinking about you. The last trimester seems to take forever, but to me your pregnancy is going by so fast!!! :)

Pittman Four said...

Oh yea, i have august rush recorded on our DVR. I love that movie. I watch it quite a bit. :)

Nick said...

Jess will get pampered as always!! Don't let her fool you!

Jessie said...

He's right, he pampers me all the time. He's the best!

Rachel said...

Cute name, I love Phillip, so sophisticated! And Davis and Cole go very well together.

Jessie said...

I did not say that Nick logged in using my name!!!

Angie said...

He is such a trickster!!

Your blog still wasn't showing up on my list with the last update time, so I went to my list and deleted your site and re-added it. It shows up with the last updated time now, yay! Just thought I'd let ya know.

Nick said...

that's what i tried to say on my last blog...enjoy the sweet sound of.....gosh!! but it is pretty cool that you can now see when we update!!

Linda said...

Grandma Great (Renz) will be excited to hear that the middle name is Phillip. We just spent the last two weeks with Grandma here at her house and took her home a few days ago. She had me re-arrange her photo wall and she needs a new 5X7 of Davis. He is like 6 months old in her pic on the wall. Phillip is Marcus' middle name too. Good choice!