I know I am a little late on posting this but I just wanted to post our happenings from Easter.
Here are the events that took place for us this year. Davis had an Easter egg hunt with our church playgroup. I guess I under estimated my child this year with egg hunting because Davis found and gathered up so many eggs his basket was full and he kept going and when he bent over to pick up more they would tip out so when he wasn't looking I was taking them from his basket and giving them to other kids that didn't get as many as him! I think he plotted out his strategy very carefully. While all the other kids went for the eggs that were just laying on the grass Davis went to the outskirts of the yard and just followed the eggs along the outskirts. Just playin...I think that this was just luck and he had no idea what he was doing! I forgot my camera for this church egg hunting so I have no pictures but I got plenty from the family Easter party.
Surprisingly this was Davis' and obviously Cole's first time spending Easter with the whole Bettes clan. I guess we have always had stuff going on the previous years. The family party was fun for Davis and he had a blast!!! We had to do the same and cut Davis off of egg hunting when his basket was so full that eggs were falling out! Chris and Jennifer did a great job planning some fun egg games for the kids, Davis didn't really follow the rules but he had fun playing the games.
Uh-oh....missed it!!
Check out my egg carrying skills...
Cole slept through the majority of the events but we were glad that he was there with us this year!! He is my sweet snuggle bug!! Just look at him.....
and look at this....
Any who...the kids also loved going to the lake and fishing too! Davis is in love with the four wheeler and is constantly wanting to go on four wheeler rides with either Nick or Papa. I jumped on with Cole so we all could go on a family four wheeler ride but we were going to slow for Davis and Nick ended up having to drop Cole and I off at the house. We missed Mimi this year because she was in Italy and Davis kept asking where she was and we told her that she was on a plane and you could just see how Davis thought that was cool!!
We ended up staying too late for driving home so we drove to Wade and Kristi's and stayed the night with them and Davis was in heaven playing with Tucker and Haley and going to church with them! It was so nice that the Easter bunny came and visited Davis and Cole at Tucker and Haley's house. I was bummed by morning our camera was dead so we weren't able to get any pics of their Easter baskets. We were woken up by Haley coming in and telling Davis the Easter bunny came and Davis jumped up and rushed out to the living room. I think he was still sleepy but was very excited to see what the Easter bunny brought him! After he saw what he got he wanted me to pick him up and look out the back door because he thought the Easter bunny was outside and he wanted to see him, it was pretty funny!! After church we went and ate Easter dinner with Kim's family and watched the movie Bolt, actually I feel asleep, but Davis sure did have fun playing with Kat and Anna while we were there. We are so fortunate to spend time with so many family members!! Thanks for the great time everyone!!
5 comments:
I had Davis go through a whole training course before the egg hunt!
I love that your boys look so totally different. Genetics are so amazing...
Cute pics, looks like ya'll had so much fun! I was way sad that we didn't get to see ya'll, being sick sucks!!
I love love love the big brother, little brother shirts, soooo cute!!!!!
Thanks Angie! I was sad that I never got a picture of them together in their "matching big/little brother" shirts!!
Your boys are so cute! I'm already excited to have another baby. What? I must be crazy! Also I've been looking at your book club book recommendations. I'm always looking for a good read.
Post a Comment