We just got back from a mini-vacation in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. It was nice to get away and we had a good time with our friends Joe and Dawnelle and their kids Carter and Ellie that decided to join us as well. Davis loves to play with Carter so it was nice that Davis had a friend with him. The beaches are nothing like the gulf coast (Florida) but it was still the beach. There is something that is so calming about the beach and the ocean. As I like to say when you are at the beach it really is like another day in paradise.
We have been to Hilton Head before but never when it was warm, so it was a nice treat
to have some warm weather for a few days. Because the beach wasn't scorching hot and there was a cool breeze, we didn't think to put sunblock on ourselves, we ended up getting sun burned pretty bad. Luckily we were smart enough to put it on the kids, even though Cole and I sat under the umbrella the majority of the time, my arms still got burned. Nick was out playing in the sand with Davis a lot and flying a kite with Joe without a shirt on and he got burned the worse out of everyone. Davis got burned right under his left eye and on parts of his legs and feet where we missed with sunblock but he never once complained about it. So, we were very lucky, I mean if Davis got burned any worse I think we could have been in trouble. It is never fun to get sun burned when you are on vacation.
We have been to Hilton Head before but never when it was warm, so it was a nice treat
to have some warm weather for a few days. Because the beach wasn't scorching hot and there was a cool breeze, we didn't think to put sunblock on ourselves, we ended up getting sun burned pretty bad. Luckily we were smart enough to put it on the kids, even though Cole and I sat under the umbrella the majority of the time, my arms still got burned. Nick was out playing in the sand with Davis a lot and flying a kite with Joe without a shirt on and he got burned the worse out of everyone. Davis got burned right under his left eye and on parts of his legs and feet where we missed with sunblock but he never once complained about it. So, we were very lucky, I mean if Davis got burned any worse I think we could have been in trouble. It is never fun to get sun burned when you are on vacation.
Some of the highlights from the trip was relaxing on the beach and watching some dolphins swimming really close to the shore which was really cool. There were 4 of them swimming together. Went swimming in the pool and watched Nick and Joe wrestle in the pool, totally gay looking, but I guess that is what guys do!! Davis loved the pool and it was tough for him to leave. Watched the guys learn how to fly a stunt 2 handle kite, I am surprised the kite survived all the crashes. Watched Davis fly his "awesome" spider man kite as he called it. We ate at some pretty good local restaurants. The boys went riding on their scooters while the girls walked with the babies. On the drive back home we stopped in Savannah and ate a late lunch. Overall was a great and fun trip besides Nick getting "scorched".
We came back home and it is freezing and we are fore casted for snow tonight! I am missing the warm beach where you feel like life can't get much better!!
Isn't spring break suppose to be warm??
I am just going to feature my favorite pictures and put the rest of the pictures from the trip on a slide show if you care to watch!


Isn't spring break suppose to be warm??
I am just going to feature my favorite pictures and put the rest of the pictures from the trip on a slide show if you care to watch!
10 comments:
Man Cole has some good hair! Two great looking kids but look totally different. They both have wide eyes though.
should I have said "great" hair?? I think that would've been better. At least you get two comments out of it!
I see you got a cord, that was fast! I need to get a post done today, I did print some pictures up yesterday to send to my Mom though:). It was so fun, thanks for letting us tag along.
Look like so much fun! I'm glad the weather was so great for your trip!
Cute pictures!!! So jealous ... everyone going places and my kids just want to stay home with a DOG!
I'm glad you guys had a great time!
Great pictures! You guys are really good photographers. The kids are so cute! Love the pic of Cole looking over Jessie's shoulder and the one of Nick holding Cole with Davis trying to kiss him. Sweet!
Those pictures of the boys are so adorable!!!! Cole is getting so big. Looks fun... We had SNOW can you believe it.
What a fun trip! I'm glad that you were able to get away for the weekend! That's always fun, especially with some great friends! You have some cute boys!
Fun, fun, fun! And I LOVE that last picture...how cute are your boys? The little ones, Nick! Geez.
Post a Comment