Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm ALIVE!!!

Isn't it such a humbling experience to post a HORRIBLE picture of yourself for everyone to see??

Okay, finally I am here and most importantly ALIVE, I may not look alive all the time but as you can see I am mouthing the word 'STOP', which is exactly how I feel. I wish that I could just stop life for just a minute and sit and relax and take a couple of breathers without interruption, no babies to feed, no 2 year olds to entertain. Life just seems to be busy, busy, busy for me recently...but none the less I have come back to planet earth. I am sorry to everyone that comes and checks in on us, I have neglected my blog and reading everyone elses too!! Like Nick has said I have tons to post and blog about let's hope that I can keep it up. This hopefully will be a good starter.

So, let's play catch up. My mom came for a 2 week visit which was GREAT. It was fantastic having an extra pair of hands around to help. I didn't realize how much she helped with the dishes because once she left this 'magical' pile of dishes kept piling up and piling up....funny how that works!?! I know that Nick already mentioned some of the things we did but I have to do this in an orderly fashion or else it won't get done. So, yes I am going to remention and highlight some of the things we did while she was here and I will try to blog about it in more detail a little later. We went and visited a lot of fun and cool places while she was here, like the Coke Museum, Underground Atl, Discover Mills, Nick's parents (hey...if your not from the south Nick's parents is a happening place) and we took a trip to Charleston, South Carolina.
Some things we did around the house that my mom helped me with was organize my kitchen which is great because I now have room for my food supply which she had some insightful tips about organizing so stay tuned and I will share with you what I learned. She helped us plant a garden, which I am thankful that it is growing perfectly and I haven't killed anything yet...thank goodness for the rain this year!!
Some more highlights with the kids Cole got his first hair cut and now looks more handsome than ever and Davis got to go on this awesome spider jump and was soaring 15-25 feet through the air and loving every minute of it...yes, at that moment in time I realized I am in trouble with him!! And after she left we have been trying to get our life back to normal but then we thought that was waaayyy to boring so we RIPPED out our shower in our master bathroom and I am sure for the next few months we will be working on our new and improved bathroom ...see so much to blog about, where to start?? But, that is all that I have time for today because I have a baby to feed and I need to leave some time to get caught up on every one's blogs. I will try my best to get caught up.....but don't hold your breath

4 comments:

Nick said...

First! :)

I'm first to comment and it's been a day later! I guess that's what happens when you leave the blogging world for 3 weeks!! :)

Jessie said...

Thanks Nick for rubbing it in!

But, hey at least you gave me a comment to read!! :)

Angie said...

That picture is AWESOME!!

Valeni said...

Hi Nick and Jessie,
Just checking out your blog and have enjoyed your posts. What cute kids you have! keep up the good work.