
So, I thought that this was something worth writing about maybe it is because it is the firt time someone has reprimanded my child in front of me. Davis is struggling in nursery so usually either Nick and I are in there with him. This past Sunday I was the lucky chosen one to be in there and during snack time I finally got Davis to sit in his own chair and not on my lap. He was sitting in his chair very reverently at the beginning and I guess by the time things got started he was over sitting in his chair and he kept getting up and coming over to me which I was across the room from him. I think he was doing this to make sure that I wasn't going to sneak off!! I would instruct Davis to go sit in his chair which he always did. He just was making this a habit and kept getting up and coming over to me and I would do the same thing tell him to go sit down and he would. He did this quite a bit but I didn't think that it was harming anyone, he was listening to me and being his mother I felt like I was handling the situation. Expect this one time Davis got up and started walking over to me and the nursery worker elected to handle it this time and she told Davis that if he didn't sit in his chair that she was going to take away his snacks and picked up his bowl of snacks and took them away. Davis of course not only didn't listen but I don't think he understood what she was saying. Davis just stared at her then came over to me. She then put his snacks back down... so, I took Davis back over to where he was sitting and knelt down by his chair so he wouldn't get up from his chair and be reprimanded anymore!!
Just for the record the people that are reading this I think that our nursery workers are GREAT and I am NOT upset at all by it.... I just thought that it was a little funny and worth writing about watching Davis get in Trouble!!
7 comments:
Next time he does that I'm going to spank him and put him in time out. If that doesn't work I'm taking him to the bishop.
Have you started that routine at home yet? Every time he gets up from meals, tell him you're going to take away his food! I'm sad I wasn't in there to be a witness to that!
Logan loved hearing about Davis getting in trouble. He had a good little laugh. Good thing he's not old enough to realize what's going on - he'd never go back to nursery!! Funny story ....
It seems a little extreme doesn't it? Especially for the parents to be in the room? Maybe she thought she was "helping" you? Crazy. They need to install the nanny-cams in that room! :) Just kidding. I hate to think about how often my kids (esp. Jax) will get into over the years. Sigh.
What's funny is Davis didn't care. He said... go ahead take my food, see if I care. My mommy has better stuff in her bag anyway, so there. I guess it's a sin now to get up and walk over to our mommy. What is the world coming to. :)
Have a great week. What's going on for the 4th of July.
How awkward! I never know what to do or say when things like that happen. I'm sure I'd have looked like a deer in the headlights!
Kim..we are not sure yet about the 4th. Nick and I still have to make some plans! What are y'all doing?
Post a Comment