Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So far....so good!!!

Surprisingly, I have been keeping myself busy while Nick is gone thanks to Nick's sister Wren and my friend Rachel. If it weren't for those two I probably would have gone crazy by now!!
I stayed at Wren's house Saturday and Sunday and we drove down to Pine Mountain and visited family for Father's Day. It was quite the day and by the time I got back I was exhausted!! We all went to the pool together on Monday and then Davis and I loaded up and came home.


Davis loves his cousin Logan!!


Kinley, Logan and Davis playing ring around the rosie!!

I spent my first night by myself last night, I made it through the night with not much sleep, but I survived the night!! I had a HUGE headache last night and my friend Rachel drove all the way to my house and brought me medicine and onion rings from Sonic (the best onion rings ever). You know you have a good friend when they bring you some onion rings from Sonic when you are not feeling well. Then Rachel and I felt adventurous today and packed up the kids and went to Ikea. I am not sure why we put ourselves through it, but again we survived another Ikea trip with 2 (almost) 2 year olds!! I guess you can say we survived the trip no one got hurt and we all left in the condition we arrived!!
Like I say... so far.....so good!!!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

All I can say is we're CRAZY! Maybe we'll get some sense knocked into us when the next kiddies come around!

Bethanne said...

First of all, love the new background. Cute!

And good for you for keeping busy...that is the only way to do it if you ask me! :) And isn't it amazing that the Lord blesses us with a few soul sistas' throughout our lives that would do anything for us and vice versa? Life savers! And, yea, IKEA...love that store. :)

Hopefully Nick will be back soon!

Laura said...

love the new layout! Glad you are surviving and keeping busy. Ikea is a great place to keep you busy! IT is one of my favorite stores. I have been known to drive to Atlanta just to go to Ikea. :)

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

Cute Kids ... Logan considers Davis the little brother he never had. I love it!!! We'll just borrow Davis once in ahwile and we'll all be happy!!! Hopefully, Logan won't teach him too many bad habits. Are you up or sleeping??? I'm off to bed!

Nick said...

Ok, so it's about 11 am over here and I'm now done with everything I needed to do. However I don't need to leave for the airport until 3pm. So I now have to some how keep busy for the next 4 hours! Poland is quite a place. Very different from what I'm used to. The other night I spread hardened bacon grease on a piece of homemade bread. Surprisingly enough it had a decent taste. There's really not much to do unless you have a car so all I've really done is eat with some co-workers and then spend the rest of the time at the hotel. I have a huge headache b/c no one speaks English yet I still try to understand them. It's an impossible task. I guess I'll stop now and leave a post about it when I get home. For some reason my work computer will not let me open the window to start a post????

Jessica said...

Looks like you'll live after all. You could have come to Arkansas for a visit.

Jessie said...

Thanks for the invite Jessica.....
maybe next time you will invite me when Nick isn't almost coming back from his trip!!

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

I can't wait to hear about Poland!!! Bacon Grease on bread???? YUCK!!!! I do like bacon flavoring so maybe it wouldn't be so bad - Be Safe!!!
Wren

Nick said...

Sweden is pretty nice so far. Looks a lot like Montana with hills instead of mountains. it was probably 40 degrees when I got of the plane last night. it didnät get dark until midnight. lots of aspen trees or something that looks like aspen trees. itäs very nice!! on my way to work!! at 2am!!!

Angie said...

Glad you are keeping busy Jessie. You should have stopped by when you were in town! :(

Nick, I hope you are taking a bunch of pictures!

Nick said...

I'm taking video and pictures. not a ton but some.