Monday, September 22, 2008

Not Again!!!

Thanks to everyone who left comments in my previous post making me feel better about how I have no functioning brain activity right now!! You guys were really making me feel like it wasn't so bad and how it is very normal. My spirits were being uplifted and I was starting to tell myself that I can survive this, it is not like I am the only person in the world that has gone through this and many woman do!!! Which I probably should just stop and not share this story but I have a feeling that if I don't share it Nick will and he will make it into a Hi-Larious post and make fun of me for it.... is this what our marriage has come to making fun of each other on the blog???? Oh Well... who cares about that I am just beating him to the punch and maybe you guys will help me feel better again..... you know kind of like therapy for the pregnancy soul. That is what this blog might turn into these last couple of months/years to come!!!

I came home yesterday from church expecting to walk into a house filled with yummy aroma smells of a roast cooking in the crock pot. Just thinking about it while we were driving home from church was making my stomach rumble and my mouth water, I was so excited to dive into some FOOD!!! Those of you that are around me know that I LOVE and CARE for food only when I am pregnant. I am not the passionate about it otherwise! When I walked into the house I didn't smell anything that I was hoping for just the trash that was starting to have a little stench. Disappointed, I walked over to the crock pot and lifted the top off and noticed the top of the meat was still RAW!!! Then I poked the meat and noticed the whole thing was still RAW!! I look down at the crock pot and of course I turned it on I followed the trace of the cord and I took a gasp of air and covered my face wanting to seriously CRY!!! I forgot to plug in the crock pot...is there seriously an end to this madness?? How am I suppose to survive this when it is even affecting my eating abilities...seriously? Talk about such a let down when you go from a mouth watering roast to a quick batch of spaghetti!!! I am a lost cause and I am going to just wallow in my miserable misery....

8 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, shouldn't Nick have double checked the crock pot for you? Come on, help a pregnant girl out!!

Reading this makes me hungry for some pot roast! :)

Maria and Ross said...

Love it, takes me back to my pregnancy's. I remember some days feeling like I was just going plain crazy. It gets better I promise, well atleast a little. :) Have not seen you in forever, we need to catch up. Lunch????

Pittman Four said...

Hey... I did this and I wasn't pregnant... So what does this make me??? Hope you are having a great week!!!! Nick... Glad you made it home safe!

Rachel said...

Yeah, so that happened to me and I wasn't pregnant. . . it's fun throwing out $10 worth of meat isn't it?

Nick said...

It was only $5.50. The whole thing cost $11 and we only had to use half. It was partly my fault. I had the chance to check if it was plugged in but I didn't. I even noticed it wasn't hot when I pushed the pot back a bit a few minutes after she started. i should've checked! oh well.

Linda said...

I think that we all have done that a time or two... I know that I have done it more that once... maybe it's genetic?!? (my mom has done it a few times too!) lol!

Bethanne said...

Awwww, sad! You gotta hate that. Sorry you had to eat spaghetti instead...hope you atleast ate a GREAT dessert to make up for it!

Anonymous said...

to answer Rachel its awesome to throw out $10 of meat. I've done the exact same thing. and I wasn't preggo.

by the way when Joe Benson said "Hey Preggo" to you at church on sunday I was really hoping Nick would have said "Leggo my Preggo"