I have one of those cell phones that can connect to your wireless internet from home and you can make calls using your network rather than using a cell phone tower. I've had the phone since May and was under the impression that when I use it, the minutes are free if I'm connected to our home network. Well, this past statement I went over and we were charged $50 extra. I was just about to pay it when I realized those "network" minutes were not being counted and excluded from my anytime minutes. So......I now have a reason to call and complain and get my $50 credited back to me! I was thinking this would be an easy fix but the girl who answered the phone was extremely difficult. I did not request the supervisor until it was obvious she was not going to credit the money. Their reasoning was those minutes from your network are not free minutes. But then my argument changed to the guy who sold me the phone said they were free and therefore I should get the credit for wrong information. Again, nothing we can do for you. By this point I was getting pretty upset. It was obviously their fault and they weren't fixing it. They said I had 60 days to notice this and I told them I had no problems since I got this phone and haven't gone over till now so therefore, no reason to check my statement. Finally I get to the point where I ask for the supervisor but before letting her transfer me I point out that she needs to not take things personally and get rude with me. She's a rep for T-Mobile and if I'm upset with them and she answers the phone, she has to deal with it. She tells me she's done nothing wrong and that I was the one who was rude and that her supervisor has been listening in on the call. I ask if the supervisor heard her tell me that I couldn't speak to the supervisor? I then made it more clear by saying, "remember, you said no when I asked if i talked to your supervisor". Anyway, I'm now talking to the sup. and she's being just as difficult. I even gave the whole paystub example. If your check shows a certain amount that matches the previous months, do you go and make sure that your taxes and benefits are deducting the same amounts? Of course she said yes!! Truth is, I do as well!! But most people don't and this is why I didn't look at the statement, there was no problem with it until now! Finally after going through very rational arguments and her saying there was nothing she could do I begin using the sob story of my wife is pregnant, we have taxes due and I ran a stop light! My voice becomes soft like I am now a defeated father. I even tell a few jokes while still having the defeated father voice. This seems to work every time! Defeated father voice who tries to laugh when times are tough! She then tells me should can do something for me just b/c she's feeling sappy, she can reverse the $50. I had won!! I knew I could do it. I even promised the earlier customer service rep that she doesn't know me and that I WILL get this reversed (the sup had not been contacted by the point and was not listening in yet....thankfully). But I started to think it may take a few days of calls and emails. They were being difficult!! My hat is off to them!!!
Sorry Jess, you'll now of think of 101 things to say about yourself!!
6 comments:
Hey Nick, next time I need to fight with a company for any wrong doing, I'm going to hire you to be me.... well patrick and you can win for us.
You're kidding me. Why would they charge you for minutes used on your network? It kind of defeats the purpose of using the VOIP.
Nick, I admire your persistence!! Good job at getting your money! Oh, and John did follow your example and played the baby card with those Garrison guys, we'll see if it works for us!
I'm not really sure it's the same as VOIP???? Maybe similar? We have AT&T for our Internet and T-Mobile for our cell phone. The sell these phones that can connect to your wireless network but I guess the minutes aren't free? Th only benefit would be you would have stronger signal. Now for $10 more a month with T-mobile, we ca oder their wireless router and get the minutes for free and be able o connect a regular phone to the router and use that, which I guess is the same as VOIP?? I'm going to do it I think.
Good for you. I think. I hate it when all they have to do is press a little button or get an "OK" and they make you jump thru hoops before they approve it. Like when the car salesman told us that he'd give us a special deal (just today and just for us) on this SUV that was originally $27K...but he'd give it to us for like an amazing $15K...so we called Katie up and she looked it up on their website and it was listed as $12K. Stinker.
I love it when saves us money because that just means it is more for me to spend!!
Post a Comment