Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Let me be your hero!!

It started a few days before Jess and I were to travel from West Yellowstone, MT to Columbus, GA. We were doing our last drive from West to Bozeman, MT to do a bit of shopping and see her sister and stuff like that. If you ever did this drive, you know just how beautiful it is, with cliffs, mountains, rivers, animals, etc. It's the perfect drive and as we were making it this day, Jess started to cry b/c of how much she loves Montana (great, I'm making her homesick). As she cried she leaned on my shoulder while I drove and the song, Hero came on by Enrique Iglesias. As she cried on my shoulder, I whispered to her, "let me be your hero" as I had a tear rolling down my cheek. It was a special drive that day. We both just listened to the song and gazed over the beauty Montana provided. So.....the next few weeks go by and the CD that had the song "Hero" was released and we went immediately to buy it. This became our new make out CD. Don't make fun! Why don't you think back for a second and think of all the girls that Enrique has had in his videos (Jennifer Love Hewitt and the Russian Tennis player now in the Nikon commercials). So....it's not gay that we did this. Anyway, each night when I had to leave we would go for a drive to find us a make out spot, usually behind Marry-Belle's where she worked or a church down the street from my house. And then we would hit play on the cd and make out to Hero!! It was awesome!! As soon as the song finished, we would stop long enough to hit the replay button. And when the CD wasn't available, one of us would hum the song while we made out!! Actually....I'm just joking about that part but those were good times!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Nick! You're getting pretty personal here. How are you feeling about this information being leaked out Jessie? And by the way, Erik and I made out to that song too!:)

Nick said...

Did you really!!!???

I'm fine with being personal. I got Jess's approval before I posted it.

Angie said...

Omg, no more make out stories please!!

Well, we were all dating/getting married that same year that song came out . . .

Oh, and that is a different Tennis player in the Nikon commercials.

Jessie said...

Nick...I can't believe that you didn't put Hero on the playlist!!

Rachel...I don't mind Nick telling this story because it is so very funny to me! That Baptist church parking lot that we made out in will forever hold special meaning to me!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are hilarious!

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

Good thing you are already pregnant!!!

Nick said...

It is on the playlist!! is it not working?

Anonymous said...

Move back to Montana and you can be a Hero forever.

Bethanne said...

Wow, Nick. You were always so reserved and well-behaved growing up...or so I thought. I still think it is hilarious...I always try to keep my "dirty laundry" hidden. Locked up. With a key. :)

Jessie said...

Well...what can I say Bethanne I have that effect on Nick :)

Nick said...

Yes, please scroll down to see the "First Kiss" post!! I tried staying reserved but she wouldn't let me!

Benson Fam said...

You two are both nuts- you deserve each other:)!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!

oh my gosh!!!!

we went and watched Beverly Hills Chiuaua and that song came on as these two dogs were looking at each other lovingly and chad and I looked at each other and busted up because we remembered your story.