There are people in our ward that put together a Family Home Evening night at a park that is close by our house and they have a fire pit where you can make smores and roast marsh mellows, the men play soccer, the woman sit around and talk and watch the kids. They do it every other Monday and we have never been to it so at the last minute last night after dinner we decided to go. Besides the heat, it was pretty fun....I couldn't go anywhere near the fire because when it is 90 degrees out and you start a fire.... you can imagine what happens!!!
So, by the time the evening was coming to an end for us..... Davis was soaking wet in sweat. I mean his whole entire head was wet, his legs were covered in dirt and his feet were black from something..... probably rolling around in some dirt somewhere!! Davis had the time of his life yesterday.....he LOVED it!!!
Once we got home and threw him in the bathtub after washing off all of the dirt and sweat I noticed these HUGE red bumps all over his legs, feet and a few bites on his arms. They already were swollen quite a bit since we had been home. So we jumped in the car and went to Publix and bought some kids bug anti-itch medicine. At this time he was already itching his bites like crazy!! When we got home I smeared the cream all over his poor little itchy legs and thought to myself he is going to be up all night itching.....and of course he was!!! He itched all night long and in the middle of the night I put more cream on him but it didn't do any good....he itched and itched and itched!!! He scratched them so much that they are swollen and they even look a little bruised and it looks like someone has taken a ruler and has beaten his legs with it!! He is still itching them like crazy today..... I wished that I would have thought to put bugs spray on him before we went last night because poor Davis got bitten alive!! At least I will know for next time.....
As you can see I took some pictures but they do not do justice at all to his HUGE bug bites!!
10 comments:
Omigosh, that is so like us. Well, Leah, Jax and I. Dan could be outside all day and never get bit (lucky for him since he is allergic to tons of bugs) but the rest of us will be eaten alive after like 5 minutes! My dad always used to say it was because I had sweet blood, and for whatever reason that was good enough for me! :)
they could be chiggers!! if so, then that's even worse b/c they itch for so long!!!!
Poor little thing!!! :(
I hate bugs! I am so incredibly paranoid about mosquitos and other creepy crawlies. Do you all get the west nile virus there? We get it here every year so it's really scary to get bit. Poor guy! Hope it goes away soon.
The only time I've heard mention of the west nile virus is when there was first talk of it and some horse got it out here??
That boy must have massive amounts of sugar in his blood! As soon as I read this I went and checked Carter and he has none. How did that happen?! Carter followed Davis around all night- it's so great that they get along! Do you want to get together this week, somewhere indoors? My new phone gets here Wednesday and I begin a new life where I can call people, whenever I want...watch out...
That is so sad! That's basically what I look like if I'm by water on a summer night!
my poor little davis. That's the price he has to pay for being so sweet. They have these great family bug spray wipes that you can keep in the car. I used them a lot. They come in individual packets so it's very convenient, kindof like the wipes you get after eating barbque ribs.
Poor little guy. Kylie's legs look like that any time we're outside near dusk. Mine too, but the boys in our family seem to do ok. Whatever that's about.
Poor Davis! That is the worst! My kids have looked like that a couple of times this summer!
Post a Comment