Monday, July 21, 2008

Rest of the trip!!!!





So, here is how the rest of our trip went. On Saturday we went up to Lookout Mountain it is very pretty up there!!! It was really hazy that day so we didn't get that great of views but it was still pretty. We got a good start in the morning trying to avoid some of the heat!! We were able to take some great pictures here are my two favorite. Nick was going crazy taking pictures and I have to give him credit he did most of the photography work that day!!! He took this great family picture of us by setting up the camera and taking it himself. As you can tell we love to take pictures!!! I Love this family picture....who knows maybe it will be in our Christmas cards this year!!

When we were up in Lookout Mountain we went to a place that is called Point Park. It is a nice little park that overlooks the River and such. Davis loved running around and climbing all over the Civil War canons and stuff!!
Then we went to Rock City......well.... by the time we got to this place it was HOT!!! But Rock City is way cool.....I wouldn't recommend going with small children unless you can spend some good hours there and have time to stop and rest. Davis wasn't behaving very well it was his nap time so he was tired. You can't bring in strollers so Davis had to walk he did great at first then once he got tired Nick had to pretty much carry him all the way to the top and back down again!!
There was still a few more things we wanted to do but we were all TIRED at that point!!! After that we let Davis take a nap in the car while we drove to Nick's Mission President's home. They retired and moved to Tennessee a few years ago. It was a nice visit we ate dinner with them and stayed the night. I know that Nick loved reminiscing over his mission. Davis loved it there!! They live on a really beautiful lake and Davis loved the ducks and geese!!

Okay, here comes the bad part and at least it all happened on our last day!! So, I woke up Sunday morning with a migraine so we left the Mission Pres's home shortly after that. We didn't take the interstate back home we drove a different way that was more through the smokies....more of a scenic route, which I didn't get to enjoy at all!!! Well, this was a very very very bad decision because the roads are very whindy. And some of you have been driving with me while being pregnant I get very very car sick. I am not sure why but the car and me when I am pregnant just don't get along!!! Well, it is curve and turn and curve and turn.....nonstop!! I have the air conditioner blowing on me full blast trying to breathe in and out in and out!!! Well, that didn't help much because there was a turn that Nick didn't see coming and he ended swirving way out of the way and that was enough to make me SCREAM PULL OVER!!! And as you can imagine I got out of the car just in time to have all of my breakfast come up on the side of the road!! I know gross......so Nick got Davis out of the car and let him run around while I tried to get myself together. It was terrible on top of it with a headache..... So, we get back in the car a little while longer, thinking this is going to be a long drive back home. Here comes the turns and curves again and again right when I am about ready to tell Nick to pull over again we turn onto a different road that is more straight and I had to just close my eyes and lay back or else more was coming up!!!

Davis and I feel asleep and about 25 miles from home I try laying my seat back more and squish Davis's poor leg and it wakes him up and he is crying and crying and crying!! Davis would not settle down....it wasn't b/c of his leg he just wanted me to hold him so he could fall back asleep. Then our GPS dies and we get lost because again we decided to take some stupid back way!! We are so close to home and we are lost and Davis is crying and I have a HUGE headache!! Nick pulls over to ask for directions, I climb in the back seat with Davis trying to calm him down but he just keeps screaming over and over "mama, mama, mama" with his hands held out to pick him up. It was so sad..... finally like 2 miles from home Davis calms down after not crying but screaming for a half hour. Well, after all that we made it home and is it ever so good to be home!! Here are some more pictures of our trip!!!

11 comments:

Pittman Four said...

Sorry you got sick... I guess that's how it goes sometimes. Just think of the outcome when the baby comes out. Glad you made it home safe. Loved all of the pictures.

:)

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

What's up with your blog? I can't read anything.. it's all black!

Jessie said...

I think I need to select another background. Some computers take awhile to down load the page!!

Jessie said...

I think that I fixed it so there shouldn't be anymore problems!!
Someone please let me know if there is!!!

Angie said...

Well it sounds like you mostly had fun! I'm sorry that you got sick on your ride home!!! I was just telling John that there is no way I could go for a ride in the mountains right now!

You are so good at keeping your blog up to date! I just haven't had the energy lately. You got your vacation pics up while on vacation and then a day after. I just now got the rest of mine up like two weeks later!

Rachel said...

I love the times when the child is screaming in his/her carseat and you can't do anything about it . . . except . . . we video recorded Ali on our camera and would play it back to her-it worked wonders!!

Carrie said...

sorry..but I just had to laugh at the visual of the winding roads..the screaming 2 year old..the nauseau and AC. Somehow..it just makes my life better:) hahaha!

oh..and this blogger account is Carrie. My rowdystroudy logo is with my yahoo account..and it is totally annoying to have to go back and forth. So just know that this is me when I post a comment:)

Andrea said...

Glad you had fun and glad you're back! Those are such cute pics!

Bethanne said...

I am so sorry you get carsick...and migraines. Stink! I go thru stages of motion sickness too...no fun! But the pictures are great and otherwise it seems like you had a blast!

Nick said...

I do believe she got a bit of throw up on my car.

Benson Fam said...

You were right, it was a cool boat! You guys take a family picture everywhere you go- do you bring a photographer with you on all outings?!! I am so impressed about how much you were able to do with an almost 2 year old in a single day. I bet you all slept well that night.