Nick took this picture of me when we were in Tennessee....I feel enormous already for only being 17 weeks along!!
Nah....I didn't swallow a butterfly and hopefully if I did my stomach would not look like that!! It is just the baby letting me know that it is there!! So, for the past couple of days I have felt the baby move a little bit not a lot but just a little. I totally forgot about this feeling and how at first it feels like butterfly flutters in your stomach like you swallowed a butterfly....really, the coolest feeling EVER!!! It is totally awesome to experience it again.....I know that you start showing a lot sooner with your second but I am amazed at how fast I am showing with this one.... it took me forever to show with Davis!!
So, in just 3 more weeks we will be having our 20 week ultrasound. We tossed up the idea of letting it be a surprise. But, I think that we will find out what we are having because I came up with this analogy the other day when we were trying to decide if we wanted to let it be a surprise or not and I am pretty fond of it.
It is like giving Nick and I a million dollars and then locking us up in a mall and telling us that we can't spend any money.....YEAH RIGHT!!! That is what it will be like for us in the ultrasound you know that we won't be able to NOT FIND OUT!!! Even though we both think it would be super fun to let it be a surprise...but I am not sure that I can wait the entire pregnancy and not know what it is!!!
So, we have come up with a different idea...Davis's birthday party is scheduled for the day after the ultrasound and hopefully family will be coming up to help celebrate with us and at the ultrasound we are going to have them put what it is that we are having in an envelope and open it up with all of the family with us the next day!! So, they will be finding out when we find out....that is if we can have self control and not peek in the envelope the night before everyone gets here!!!
As you can tell I have put a lot of thought into this :)
10 comments:
What a beautiful, pregnant wife I have!!!
yes... your wife is very beautiful and so cute pregnant...
hope ya'll are having fun.
We'll see you soon.
:)
You've got to be pushing that belly out! What does Davis think of your little belly? Great idea for the ultrasound. That will be so much fun!
No, I swear I am not pushing my belly out...I am just HUGE this time you will see for yourself tomorrow when you see me!
Davis is so funny....he also thinks that he has a baby in his belly :)
I'm sorry but there are times where Davis is just weird rather than funny. This is one of those times! Hopefully he just thinks baby is another word for belly. I don't want him actually thinking a baby is in his belly!!
Jessie you look so cute! You popped since I've seen you! I hope you had tons of fun on your trip! I like you idea about finding out! That's great! I can't wait to hear!
Nick--- It is completely NORMAL for a little one to think a baby is in there tummy. It is NOT wierd. Don't worry!!!!
They learn by copying everything we do. It's the way it works.
oh yea... Anna just saw this post a few days ago and she saw the title and giggled. it was so cute to hear She loved the whole butterfly thing.
Wow!! Your baby is really growing! It's just showing a lot b/c you are so skinny!!
If its a girl will you name her Bella?
Post a Comment