Tuesday, July 08, 2008

New Hair Do......

Lucky for you guys 2 posts in one day!!
Recently I have been feeling like my looks have been a little.......un-taken care of. I think this is what pregnancy is making me feel like. Usually I only fix my hair for church and occasionally when I am feeling adventurous, seriously this isn't a laughing matter. Other then that up in the pony tail my hair goes!! So, I decided to get "my hair did" and hoped this would cure my strange feelings of whatever it was I was feeling. I called and scheduled my hair appointment and waited patiently for the day to arrive. When the day came last week my hair appt was scheduled for 5:45. I got inside that salon and this is how the conversation went.

Salon Worker: Hi, how are you?
Me: Great, I am here for a 5:45 appt with Gabrielle.
Salon Worker: Pause......gave me a strange look.....ummm we don't have anyone that works here by that name.
Me: Are you sure? I just talked with whoever called me earlier today reminding me of my appt.
Salon Worker: Yeah, I am positive we don't have anyone with that name that works here.
Me: Pause......giving her a strange look
Salon Worker: Do you think you could have possibly scheduled your appt on accident with one of our other locations.
Me: Laughing....no I am pretty sure I would have called the Alpharetta Salon. Are you sure there is no one named Gabrielle?
Salon Worker: Again, I am positive no one works here with that name. Why don't I check with the other salons to make sure. What is your name?
Me: Jessie Bettes
Salon Worker: (on the phone with the Atl location) I am calling from the Alpha. Salon was wondering if you had an appt scheduled for a Jessie Bettes at 5:45......pause.....you do! (Looking up at me and saying) I am going to have to cancel that appt she accidentally scheduled it for the wrong location.......pause.....Thanks!!
Me: I am so sorry and I feel so dumb.....
Salon Worker: Laughing......

To make a long story short I got my hair appt finally scheduled for today and only had to wait another week. I was hoping that there would be a different worker at the counter when I got there today. But it was not my lucky day! Here is the conversation from today with the same salon worker.
Salon Worker: Hi, how are you?
Me: (Before I could answer)
Salon Worker: I remember you!
Me: I bet you do!! (I am glad I give off such wonderful first impressions)

Here are the results!! Not much of a difference I wanted to keep it long since that is what it seems like everyone likes on me. But I asked her to thin it out for me since my hair is so thick! She did not stop chopping and and my hair has never felt so thin and light before. I seriously know what it feels like to be a dog now and get a shaving for the summer!! She lightened up the color quite a bit!! I like it...... but next time I don't care what you guys say I am going short again!!


11 comments:

Jessica said...

Funny story. Sounds like something I would do. Except I never get around to hair appointments. I decided to grow mine out for the summer so I could ponytail it, but now it looks terrible and I'm hating that decision. Oh, and I always thought your hair was cute even when it was short.

Rachel said...

That's really funny . . . and I bet you were a touch frustrated! Your hair looks really good! I like it a lot!

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

Your hair always looks great! I wish you were still going to Anthony so we could trade crazy stories!!!!! We'd laugh forever.... the house next door is still FOR SALE!!!

Bethanne said...

Love the hair and the story! Totally sounds like something I'd do...although I would probably have made the appointment at a completely different salon (not just a different "campus")!

Me said...

Its ok Jessie~ it happens! :) I have shown up to two things lately a whole week early. Your hair looks good!

Pittman Four said...

Your hair looks good no matter what you do with it. You are Beautiful... But, I love your hair.

I loved the story....

:)

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

That is totally something I would do! Did you go to Bob Steele? Your hair looks awesome! I love the color! I'm excited to see it in person!

Jessie said...

Yeah I did go to Bob Steele. I liked it.....

Mark Bettes said...

your hair looks awesome and the color of it, whos is the name of your hair stylist, i'll start going to there. come down to visit, soon.

Angie said...

Cute, cute hair and funny story! Good thing they lightened your hair so you can look more blonde, j/k!

Laura said...

love the hair! It looks great!