Friday, July 18, 2008

Tennessee.....

Today was a blast! We managed to squeeze 4 things in one day..... come on for a pregnant chic and 2 year old and not to mention that it was 94 degrees here in Tennessee that has to be somewhat impressive!!! It is sooo stinkin' HOT here!!!

First thing this morning we were off to the Aquarium. It was fun.....Davis really liked it!! His favorite thing in the aquarium was the jellyfish....he went NUTS over them! We petted some sharks and stingrays...crazy that they let you pet them!!! I was a little nervous to pet them and luckily for me Davis was more interested in just playing in the water than actually touching them!!

Outside of the aquarium there is a Huge wading pool area for kids and you can't avoid it because it is right out front of the aquarium. So, of course Davis had to go hopping in it to get some relief from the heat!! That water was so nice to put your feet in!!
Luckily we knew about this ahead of time and brought a change of clothes for Davis!!

The second thing we went to was the Children's Discovery Museum. This place was a lot of fun for Davis!! This place was like a mad house and there were kids everywhere!! But it was awesome for Davis!


Then we went on a AWESOME river boat ride down the Tennessee River for 2 hours. We went exploring the River Gourge it was nice to be on the boat and luckily for us it was busy!!! I was really concerned keeping Davis couped up on a boat for 2 hours but luckily he did great and enjoyed the ride!!

Last but not least we even went to an Imax theatre and saw Grand Canyon in 3D playing. Again I was worried about Davis sitting through an 1 hour long show but again he did GREAT and enjoyed it!!! Davis wouldn't keep his glasses on so we watched the movie blurry.....I guess he didn't mind!!!

Overall was a fun jam packed day!! I am exhausted and am going to bed.... we are looking forward to having another busy fun day tomorrow!!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer Ricker said...

if you are still in Chattanooga, there is a children's park w/a water area and carousel...I don't know where but i know it's close by.

Pittman Four said...

It looks like you had a blast.
I didn't know you were going to Tennessee. It's not too far from ya'll is it. By the way, I see my little Niece/nephew in your little tummy. It's so cute.
Davis is adorable as usual.
Well have a lot of fun for me too. I can't go anywhere this summer or do anything. what a BUMMER. School's almost done:):):)

Bethanne said...

Omigosh, so much fun! Nice work...and yeah, being preggo DOES make a difference! You look great BTW...And that is awesome that Davis did such a great job during the day. Enjoy TN!

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Miss ya'll ... we are having a great time in Utah. The kids are exhausted everyday. Lastnight we stayed up watching Church Movies - you have to see Mobster and the Mormon - something like that - it was GREAT! Check in later ...
Love,
Wren

Rachel said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'll tell you, I'm sure not missing the heat of the South right now!! We do miss you guys though. Keep me updated on EVERYTHING!!

Angie said...

Looks like a bunch of fun! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Katherine said...

Looks like fun times, except for the getting sick part. I feel your pain about all the turns while being pregnant.

Nick, thanks for the comments. I'm so glad you get free food all the time! I'm sure I gave you some along the way!