What a day!! Two significant dates in one day for our family. It is our 6 year anniversary today as well as Davis's 2nd birthday. We were suppose to celebrate our anniversary yesterday but Nick is sick so I guess we will get around to celebrating it one day. We are celebrating Davis's birthday next Saturday so I will do a post then for his birthday. Maybe the weekend after next we will celebrate our anniversary.
It is hard to believe that Nick and I have been married for 6 years and been together for a little over 7 years. It all began in the wonderful state of Montana and how blessed I am that Erik Witbeck told Nick about coming out to West Yellowstone to work for the summer. So...thanks Erik!! I meet Nick shortly after moving back for the summer and little did I know that I would meet my husband that summer and my whole life would take a 180 degree turn. We went and took a day trip and hung out in Bozeman one day and Nick and Erik were looking for hiking boots. We went into a shoe store and Nick was acting like an annoying salesmen trying to sell me a pair of hiking boots....sounds just like Nick, huh? I was amazed at how funny Nick was and I couldn't stop laughing. So, of course I had to play a part as well and I started playing the part of a really mean and difficult costumer with Nick being an annoying salesmen......crazy young kids!! We haven't changed a bit. After that trip I knew that Nick was a type of guy that I was attracted to. To me he was perfect!! Also, Nick and I are both very competitive and I beat him in a game of basketball which was awesome and it made me like him even more!!! Some say it was just a summer fling but Nick and I both felt stronger feelings towards each other and knew it was more and that is how it all began.....
After being engaged for a loooonnnggg year. Our eternal family began on August 10th, 2002 at 10:00 am in the Atlanta Temple where we were sealed. I am sooo blessed to have Nick in my life. I love him very much. I never imagined ever being loved the way he loves me, and before I met him, I never knew I could love someone so much. When you get married you think of life and the love that you share as a fairy tale and little do you know. You don't realize the ups and downs you will face in life. But I am thankful for the experiences that Nick and I have faced together because I feel like through those we have grown even stronger together in our marriage. When you go through hard times together it helps you to remember how great the good times are!! I am very blessed to have such an amazing husband. He has given me so much in life and I am thankful that I am on this journey with him. We now have a son together and a baby on the way. If you ask me life can't get much better than this.
I love you Nick Bettes FOREVER!!!


12 comments:
how funny that his bday and your anniversary are on the same day. was he due that day?
Congrats to you and Nick. Happy Birthday Davis!
Happy Anniversary!!! Happy birthday to Davis, hope the Two's aren't too terrible! :)
I'm sure Erik will take all the credit for you two getting together! What a great story of your life! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Davis!
happy birthday davis - i am always a day off. i thought they were both on the 11th. see you guys soon!
Where are ya'll? We called to tell Davis Happy Birthday - thought for sure we'd come over for a cake!! Kids are in bed - school starts tomorrow! Back to our routine!
Happy Celebrations to everyone at your house!!!
Love,
Wren
I guess I could copy everyone and say Happy anniversary and happy Birthday...
but that sounds too boring.
So......
I can't thinkg of anything else to say :)
except... I hope you had a wonderful day, even though Nick was at home sick. Get better and celebrate.
I always tell Kat that it's not her birthday until after we celebrate our anniversary. She's usually not allowed to even talk about her birthday. I'll tell her shhh It's my anniversary first!!! It's a little joke we have. :)
oh I just teared up. I could totally see nick being a salesman. you guys are really a great couple and fun to hang out with. Happy Anniversary :)
PS cute wedding picture.
you guys look so young :)
It's going to be so easy leaving an awesome comment with the boyz to men song playing in the background. It's totally inspiring me! Wait a second, they're singing about their mommas!! nevermind!
Anyway, it has been a great 6 years!! When we first met we talked all the time, it seemed like it was non stop. I actually wondered if we would ever come to a day and have to start over on the things we talk about. I was actually thinking about this last night so I can tell you, there's never a dull moment with her (us). I think we'll be able to say the same in 6 more years. Wonder if we'll still be blogging it up!
How sweet. By the way, when do you find out the new baby's sex?
Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! I hope Nick is feeling better! I love seeing your wedding picture! You guys are so cute together! Congrats!
Post a Comment